- If we are unable to operate your holiday due to Covid-19, or for any other reason, you can transfer your booking to a later departure, choose another holiday, or request a full cash refund. Refunds will be processed within 14 working days.
- The right to cancel in accordance with these terms applies to any new booking until further notice. We reserve the right to withdraw our COVID-19 promise at any time.
- Flexible deposit policy - If anything comes up that prevents you travelling you have the flexibility to switch your booking to a different tour or a different date, with no financial penalty. We understand you may feel uneasy in these uncertain times so if you decide you’d prefer to defer travel to a later date or to a different destination, you can do so. Just let us know by emailing us, and we’ll issue you a credit voucher for 100% of your deposit payment, which can be redeemed against another booking.
- The flexible deposit policy applies only up to the balance due date for your holiday, and excludes any non-refundable services. These are services that RWH pays for in advance and cannot be recovered (more information below).
- Non-recoverable costs: It is important to be aware that there are two kinds of cost which we may have incurred on your behalf. Those that form part of your deposit, which we refer to as ‘non-refundable deposits’ and costs that we incur closer to your departure date, known as ‘non-recoverable costs’. When you first make your booking, we may need to commit to certain services straight away to secure your trip. These might include paying for flights that need to be booked and paid for up-front or even costs to confirm specific accommodation or excursions.
What do I do if I need to cancel due to Covid-19?
- If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you must seek to reclaim these cancellation charges from your travel insurance provider in the first instance.
- You must notify us as soon as possible and provide us with written official evidence of the valid Covid-19 reason for the cancellation. If you are unable to provide such evidence at the time of cancellation please notify us as soon as possible.
- Valid Covid-19 reasons include a positive Covid-19 test result, an instruction from NHS Track and Trace to self-isolate or a government requirement to self-isolate due to contact with a person who has, or may have, Covid-19.
- Your Covid-19 reason must prevent you from travelling on your holiday taking into account UK government coronavirus guidance or that of your country of residence.
How did you handle the cancellations of your tours in 2020?
Our priority throughout has been to only operate holidays where it is safe to do so, and to keep our customers well-being and safety at the forefront of our planning. Where cancellations have become necessary, we also believe that keeping in touch with our customers, keeping their monies secure and offering either transfers to alternative holidays or full refunds in good time is of paramount importance.
We want to do the right thing and for you to feel confident in our commitment to always providing the highest level of service. Since early summer 2020 we were able to refund customers within 14 days and we are continuing to do so, although of course many of our customers are choosing to rebook to alternative holidays. We think this is indicative of just how much you have missed travelling with us and we in turn can’t wait to welcome you on one of our forthcoming trips.
What if the FCDO advice changes between booking and departure?
As you would expect, we are continuously monitoring the UK government, public health, and industry advice as well as information from our destinations on how they’re keeping travellers safe and able to enjoy their holiday. If the FCDO were to advise against travel to a country, then we will not operate a trip there and our Covid-19 Refund Guarantee would be in place.
Last updated - 2/6/2021