Explore the world at a slower pace...


Call us on 01707 817311

  • Mon to Fri09:00 - 17:00
  • SaturdayClosed
  • SundayClosed

Call us on 01707 817311

  • Mon to Fri09:00 - 17:00
  • SaturdayClosed
  • SundayClosed

Search Holidays

About Us


Brexit Advice

We're very much aware that the United Kingdom's decision to leave the European Union has caused some uncertainty as to how travel and holidays might be affected in 2021.

We are monitoring events closely and liaising with our travel industry governing bodies and regulators in order to prepare for any eventualities.

More travel advice relating to Brexit is available on the ABTA website, however we'll answer some of you biggest questions below.

There is nothing to suggest that travel plans after January 2021 will be impacted by Brexit. It has been confirmed that flights between EU countries and the UK will continue to operate as normal.

As an ABTA and ATOL bonded Tour Operator when you book with us, you get complete peace of mind. You can rely on a high level of support and financial protection before, during and after your holiday. 

Visas for short trips - you will not need one if you're a tourist

If you’re a tourist, you will not need a visa for short trips to most EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. You’ll be able to stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.

Different rules will apply to Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania. If you visit these countries, visits to other EU countries will not count towards the 90-day total.


Check to see if your passport will still be valid. If you have a British passport, you will need to have at least six months left on your passport and your passport must have been issued within the last 10 years.

Border Control - you may have to show your return ticket and money

At border control, you may need to:

  • show a return or onward ticket
  • show you have enough money for your stay
  • use separate lanes from EU, EEA and Swiss citizens when queueing

Taking food and drink into EU countries

  • You will not be able to take meat, milk or products containing them into EU countries from 1 January 2021.


The European Health Insurance Card may not be valid from 1 January 2021. You will need to take out comprehensive travel insurance with sufficient healthcare cover, including cover for existing medical conditions and any activities you plan to do.

Travel Insurance

When travelling to the EU or further afield, you should always ensure that you have adequate travel insurance for the nature of your holiday. If you didn't purchase your travel insurance from us, please ensure that it covers you for the activities you expect to be undertaking on your holiday and that it includes (as a minimum) cover for medical expenses, mountain rescue (including helicopter rescue), death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment.

Allowing a bit more time

Despite entering a transition period, it would be a good idea to allow a little more time than usual to pass through the formalities at airports, international railways stations and ports.

Mobile data roaming

Rules around mobile data roaming are changing meaning you may face charges when using your phone abroad, including for making calls, sending messages or using the internet. Check with your mobile phone provider about their data roaming policy.


Driving permits

If you plan to drive in Europe, you may need an International Driving Permit for the areas you plan to drive in. You may need more than one depending on where you are visiting. Each permit costs £5.50 and is available from certain branches of the Post Office. 

Find out more about getting an International Driving Permit.

Green cards for insurance

If you are driving your own car in Europe, you may need to obtain and carry a physical Green Card for your UK car insurance to be valid in the EU. These cards will be available from your car insurance provider, but you may be charged a small fee to cover administration costs. 

GB car stickers

You may need a GB sticker for your own car when driving in the EU after the transition period ends.

Book with confidence

As an ABTA Tour Operator offering guided walking holiday packages, when booking with us, you can rely on a high level of support and financial protection before, during and after your holiday.

With European consumer protection legislation such as the Package Travel Directive 2018 and the Consumer Rights Directive 2011 already introduced into UK law, your holiday booking will retain a high level of financial and other protection after Britain leaves the EU.

We'll keep you updated

We'll keep this Brexit page updated to keep you up to date and continue to provide advice to those travelling with us as to any eventualities relating to your holiday.